Monday, August 1, 2011

Life Is A Highway

Yesterday, Alex and I decided to do something really fun -- We headed to Tucson to spend some well deserved time with Alex's family!

It was so great! I loved spending time with the fam, sitting in the family room just talking. Laughing at each other, teasing that never ends, little ones climbing on your lap to play Angry Birds with you. Not to mention the sinfully delicious food... Those Perrines really know how to have a good time.

But aside from the lovely time we had in Tucson, my favorite part had to have been the drive. I don't think i enjoy anything more than road trips with my hubby.

I like that we both get Circle K drinks.


I like looking over and seeing this guy ;)

I like holding hands in the car :)

I like it when it rains when the sky's are still blue

I like listening to music on my orange ipod, and car-eoke and car dancing.


I like seeing the open road before us, never ending.


Reading this AWESOME book out loud to Alex, SO MUCH SUSPENSE!!!

I love getting snacks at the gas station and munching all day long.


It was such a great little trip. Nothing too extravagant, but so fun! Made me realize how so lucky I am to live where I do, and to have the family that i have. :)

We have another fun trip planned in two weeks. We are going to <drumroll please> ROCKY POINT!!! woohoo! Alex got work off just so we could surprise me with this fun little get away! And <fingers crossed> hopefully our dear dear friends Mark and Hope (read their story here) can come with us. Either way, i'm so stoked to go to the beach and eat tacos and more ROAD TRIPS!! :)



i love my hubby.

3 comments:

  1. I loooooooove Tuscon.

    And road trips. Road trips rule. I seriously could write a book about why I think road trips are so awesome. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so much about this post! I LOVE roadtrips with my hubby, I love holding his hand in the car, and I am currently reading The Lost Symbol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just found your blog and I LOVE IT!

    I've just been on holiday with my hubby and have loved just hanging out with him! I know what you mean, roadtrips are great!

    ReplyDelete