Tuesday, July 12, 2011

tmi: totally musically inspired

so, we have all seen the 30 day music challange that people do on facebook or whatever...

well i decided to do the same thing, just all at once... :)


here goes:


Your favorite song: Well seeing as this constantly changes... today i'll go with 'Best of Me' by Michael Buble... It has touched my heart so deeply. When i first discovered it, i just sat in the computer chair and cried as i listened to it on repeat for about 30 minutes... definitely worth a listen...


Your least favorite song: 'The Reason" by Hoobastank... seriously. so much hate. 


A song that makes you happy: "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae... definitely the best song of the summer. Every time i hear it i get so happy and i car-dance and sing at the top of my lungs, and i wanna have pool parties and eat watermelon and sun bathe! So good and so fun.

A song that makes you sad: "What Hurst the Most" by Rascal Flatts... it doesn't matter that i'm married and in a totally awesome relationship and have no reason to feel so connected to this song... but it seriously makes me SOOO sad. Not to mention that the music video rips my heart out.


A song that reminds you of someone: "City" by Sara Bareilles reminds my of my dear sweet best friend Katie Macdonald... Kat is an amazing singer and she would sing along to anything that Sara B does and just melt my heart. Katie and I would sit and listen to Sara serenade us as we talked about everything under the sun in Eve (katies car) and i just has so many fond memories tied to Sara and Katie <3
 
A song that reminds you of somewhere: Some of my favorite memories happen on car trips. I remember one time, i was on vacation with my family in Hawaii, and my siblings and i were all smashed in the back of this small, compact car when "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train came on the radio! All three of us kids got so excited, asked for it to be turned up, and then sang out hearts out... mind you, my family is very musically talented, so we all had a different harmony and it sounded AWESOME!! it was so fun and special. i'll never forget it.


A song that reminds you of a certain event: hmm... i have two. :) The first night Alex told me he loved my we were listening to "Morning Lullabies" by Ingrid Michaelson... it was unforgettable. <3

Also, the night Alex proposed, we danced to "Solo Para Ti" by Camila... he sang in my ear and i was in heaven. it's such a special song :)


A song that you know all the words to: "When Will My Life Begin" from Tangled... :)


A song that you can dance to: "Yeah 3x" by Chris Brown... So much love for this song. The music video is awesome too, the little kids dancing are too cute for words!


A song that makes you fall asleep: Basically anything by jon schmidt will work... but here's a favorite :)



A song from your favorite band: Hmmm, Favorite band would probably be Rascal Flatts... and i love all their songs. but i'll do "Bless the Broken Road". It's classic and lovely and the live version just kills me.

A song from a band you hate: Must I post "The Reason" by Hoobastank again... i mean come on... they have the word STANK in their name, it's no wonder everything they do is terrible.


A song that is a guilty pleasure: Justin Bieber. hands down.


A song that nobody would expect you to love: "Give me Everything tonight" by Pitbull... i know it's terrible and annoying and silly... but i loves it.
 

A song that describes you: I had to ask the hubby for help on this one... he wasn't much help, but i remember him saying that he always thought of me when he heard this song... so we'll go with this... "Gimmie that Girl" by Joe Nichols

A song that you used to love, but now hate: oh there are so many of those... "Fireflies" by Owl City... good song, just so over played/over hyped. 

A song you hear often on the radio: "Honey Bee" by Blake Shelton <3


A song you wish you could hear on the radio: "Arms" by Christina Perri.

A song from your favorite album: Best Album all Year was Kalidescope Heart by Sara Bareilles... all the songs are great, but i'll share this lovely one...



A song you listen to when you're happy: "Passenger Seat" by Stephen Speaks :)


A song you want to play at your wedding: How about a song i DID play at my wedding? :) okay!! "Amor Eterno" by Camila :)




A song that makes you laugh: "Lollipop" by Mika :)


Two Freebies: "The Gambler" by fun. is SUCH a sweet love song :)

and...  "A Little More of You" by Ashley Chambliss :)

A song from your childhood:"I am a Child of God" :) listen to this touching version sung by primary kids in the Conference Center <3

Your favorite song from this time last year: I was dating Alex, and this was one of our favorites :)



Well there ya go!! some of my favorite songs! heavens knows that there are hundreds more... but this will do for now... did you find anything you like?? 

<3

3 comments:

  1. I had never seen the music video for "What hurts the most".... Geeesh, way to bum a brother out :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.o holy sadness!! what a terrible music video for "Hold My Heart"...that's just...:(

    ReplyDelete