Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DisneyWorld Business Trip

Sometimes I hate my job. Who doesn't right? But sometimes I love it too.

For those who don't know, I am a full time nanny for two adorable girls. Their parents run a large construction/soil stabilization company, and are always super busy. So i am with the girls from the moment they wake up, until they are sitting down for dinner with their parents. I bathe them, get them dressed, play with them, discipline them, teach them, and love them.

It's an amazing job, with amazing perks.

such as: going to DisneyWorld for 9 days and getting paid the whole time.

not gonna lie... it's a pretty sweet gig.

granted, there are a ton of aspects that i don't love about going on vacation with my bosses, but honestly, there isn't much to complain about.

We spend our time playing at the parks, eating amazing (expensive) foods, and just hanging out.

Most days we would head to the parks around 8:30. And ride rides, and see the shows and meet the characters, then around 11 get some lunch, then head home fore naps and relaxing. Then around 5 we would get dressed up and go back to the parks for dinner and one of the night time shows.

wash. rinse. repeat.

everyday that was the plan.
And a fine plan it was. The girls had a blast, and I can honestly say, that it's nice to be able to go it the Disney Parks for work, since my husband isn't the biggest fan of Disney Parks, and therefore, its super hard to convince him to go and spend a ton of money at a place he doesn't enjoy. But since i go, and get paid to go, it's most definitely a win-win!

The biggest downside is seeing how sad the girls are that their parents don't want to spend time with them at the parks. We walk through the gates, and then they say "see ya!" and run to ride roller coasters, get coffees, and ride more roller coasters. and that almost always resulted in tears from the girls.

i can't imagine how sad that would be, to see your parents leave, and leave you with a babysitter at disneyland. :/

luckily, the girls love me, and we always have a good time, so they weren't too sad for too long.

Overall, I'd say it was a successful trip. We had a good time, and my bank account is certainly happy about my time in D-World!!

Our next trip is in April, and we are going to Hawaii for 10 days...

i really do love my job.






















5 comments:

  1. Seriously, can I just be your super-nanny sidekick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those girls are beyond lucky to have you though! Think if they didn't even have YOU to actually love them?! How sad it would be! You're amazing! And can I part-time be your side-kick?? I'll split time with Hope hahahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous!! I got to go on a vacation to Mexico once as a nanny, and while it was kind of a bummer that I had to "work", it was so nice to be sitting in the sun by a fancy pool with a virgin pina colada whilst getting paid! Awesome. I need a gig like this. You are inpiring me to quit my job and become a nanny again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me desperately want to go to Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8th Picture. I die. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete