Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Anniversary Week : Marriage

Today marks 4 years married to my best friend in the whole world.


Kneeling across the alter in the temple with alex holding my hands was probably one of the best moments of my life. I felt so much love in that moment; from my soon to be husband, from my family surrounding us, and especially from my Father in Heaven. My favorite moment from the temple was after the sealing, we were officially married, and we were holding hands walking down the hallway, and there was a big mirror at the end of the hall. I loved that image, of he and I, together in our temple clothes, just sealed and starting off our lives together. It was such a beautiful, promising, wonderful image that I am so glad I have to remember. 


Our wedding day was simple and laid back. I didn't want a big party, or anything crazy. I wanted a simple sealing in the temple, and a nice family dinner afterwards to celebrate with family and close friends. I would not have had it any other way. My focus that day was on my covenants that I was making with Alex. The sacred ceremony that was going to tie us together, even after death. That was so special to me, that it was all I wanted that day to be about. I wanted friends and family in the temple with us to help support us. I wanted dinner afterwards because, well, weddings make me hungry. 


It was the most gorgeous day in March, and I'm grateful everyday that Alex and I are together for time and all eternity. I can't imagine my life without him. He makes me laugh harder than anyone else. He keeps me level headed. He encourages me to do my best. He provides for me. He is helpful around the house. He is kind. He is hardworking in all things. He is so patient. He is handsome. He comes from an amazing family. He is family oriented. And he loves me through all circumstances. 


I'm in love with being married. Coming home to one another at the end of a long day is one of the best feelings. Not having to say goodnight out on the curb is so wonderful. Sleeping next to each other and waking up together is one of the best things about being married. Marriage is having someone to support you, and (kindly) correct you, and help you improve, and hold your hand, and tell you that you have a cute bum. It's having someone who will love you even if you only feel like wearing your pjs all day, or if you forgot to buy milk for the 4th day in a row, or if you left the laundry out by the dryer for a whole week without folding it. 



I'm a lucky lady. I married up. I love him. 





1 comment:

  1. Congrats on four years! What absolutely LOVELY photos of the two of you. So happy to meet you from fb!

    Sue
    susanstange.com

    ReplyDelete