Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I could be a Rockstar, but instead I work in Retail...

Yesterday during my lunch break I went to QT to get a little soda pick-me-up. I pulled up right in front of the doors, and got out of my car to see and hear 5 black men singing and beat boxing.  I smiled as I walked by, but they all stopped singing and one guy called out to me saying, "Hey! Do you want to be in our band??" I laughed and told them that I already had a day job, but I was flattered by their offer. They then protested, "Well that's okay, because our bands always practices at night! Besides, we need a cute white girl in our band!!" Hahaha. I told them that I'd have to check with my agent... Needless to say, they were all pretty bummed. After I came back out with my soda, they were all still sitting there, and as I walked to me car, they kept begging me to reconsider and to give them my number so they could contact me later... <sigh> it definitely made my day! 

I spent the rest of the day imagining what it would be like if i was famous. I would always want to be really down to earth, and fun! I would hope to have a phone full of A-List friends and a closet full of amazing shoes.  I would want to go to all the movie premiers and have Michael Buble serenade me at my birthday parties. I would still get my drinks from Circle K and sit on my couch in my pj's watching Desperate Housewives and I would want to donate my time and money to some worthy causes. :)

my dream closet <3


And it's a good thing i love my job and I definitely wouldn't want to run away and become incredibly famous <sarcasm>

:) don't be afraid to harness your inner rockstar, sing in your hair brush and dance around in you underwear!



1 comment:

  1. you are TOO adorable darling! I still say we should start the ally cats.... then we can all be rockstars together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete