Wednesday, April 18, 2018

March Update

The weather in March continued to be AMAZING so we kept with our trend of being outside as much as physically possible. The smell of the orange blossoms alone makes you want to be outdoors at all times. We had the best time at the zoo with baby Livy Rey, and Ander and Hope and my mom. The kids were so happy to be free to run, and play and chase birds and play in the splash-pad. I love having a zoo membership and the freedom to be a 'yes mom' and just let the kids lead the way without feeling like I have to do and see everything to get our money's worth. Sometimes we go to the zoo and see only one or two animals, but we play at the slides, run through the water, have a picnic and enjoy the sunshine.





We enjoyed going "bumpity bumptiy" on papa's Rhino and it was a blast. We took the pack and play so Cam had a little safe place to play and Izzy literally never wanted to give up her spot on the Rhino. We played hard, and even ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere and had to wait for my brother to come rescue us! Haha, but there is something about being in the desert, eating homemade sandwiches and cookies and getting all dusty and being with family that makes for some of the best possible weekends I can imagine!




We had the cutest birthday party for Cammer, and when I was planning his party, I had a few ideas as to what theme I wanted to go with, but I asked for Izzy's opinion, and she said that Cam should have a butterfly party. I didn't think that was too bad of an idea, but made it a little more boyish, and added all other types of creepy crawlies to the invite list, and we had ourselves a bug party. I designed a cute invite, and we had a low key little party with lots of fun buggy food and cute decor. Cam loved all the attention and he especially enjoyed his cake! I'm so happy that we have such good friends and family who all live close enough to come and celebrate with us!

















Alex and I celebrated our 7th anniversary just a few days before all this birthday fun, and we enjoyed our traditional melting pot dinner, and then i convinced Alex to come to As You Wish with me, and we painted some ice cream bowl, which is perfect since eating ice cream together is one of our very favorite past times. Something fun that we did while driving around the city, was to listen to all of the songs that remind us of our relationship. It was so fun and all the memories associated with the songs came flooding back and i think it will be a new tradition for our anniversaries!



Cam just gets funnier and funnier. He currently loves to hold everything in his mouth. He will put a toy in his mouth and walk around waving his little arms around and I love it so much. The best is when he finds a slightly deflated ball, and will chomp on that and he just thinks it is the funniest thing, and I would have to agree. He also loves to put his head on the ground and put his bum in the air and just stay like that and laugh at himself. I love it. And I'll never stop loving Cam's open mouth kisses. It's the best thing of my life, and I hope it never stops!




Izzy is my biggest helper, the smartest little person I know, and the sweetest big sister. She is constantly astounding me with her big vocabulary, her amazing memory, and her big heart. She's just beautiful, inside and out, and I'm seriously humbled to be her mom. She's currently OBSESSED with the PJ Masks, but I don't even care, because it's so cute to see her run around and use her super cat speed, and use her owl eyes to find something, and use her super gecko muscles when she opens a heavy door. It makes me smile every time, and I'll be sad when she doesn't yell out "Owlette" and stick a cute pose at random moments throughout the day.



Baseball season started, and no one is more excited that Izzy. She loves to watch the games with us, knows the difference between a ball and a strike, loves to clap and cheer and is the Dbacks biggest fan. We are looking forward to lots of games at the ballpark this year!


We enjoyed Auntie and Papa's birthday weekend, with pedicures with the girls, and movies and eating out and lots of love! It was extra fun because we also were celebrating Easter AND General Conference! Crazy! It was cute to watch Izzy hunt for eggs, she is already asking me if it's going to be Easter again soon because she wants to have more egg hunts. Cam loved all the candy that was lying around and I simply enjoyed all the family time.





We love March in Arizona! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment