Monday, April 16, 2018

February Update - Cam Twelve Month



I've fallen behind in my posts, but I still wanted to make sure that I was able to fully document Campbell's first year. February was short, but it was chalk full of fun stuff. February weather was GORGEOUS. It finally got a little chilly (for AZ standards at least) and I made it a priority to get outside almost everyday.




Cam was full blown walking at this point and it was really impressive to see him perfect his walking skills at all the different parks on all the different terrains. He loves to climb and it's terrible because he has no fear and will go right to the edge of the play equipment and then when you run towards him just in case he falls, he gets so excited and starts to jump around and almost always will lose his balance and it's so scary, but he hasn't gotten hurt yet!




Alex has had the same car since we met over 8 years ago, and it finally bit the dust, and so we had the fun task of purchasing a new (to us) car! He had a Honda Civic, and it served us well for many years, so we kept it simple and just got a nicer and newer Honda Civic.

Around Valentines we did some fun crafts, and baking. Izzy and Grandma and GG and I decorated cupcakes and Cam reaped the benefits hard core. He stuffed that cupcake is his face as fast as he could, and it was hilarious.



Cam's developed a love for books, and every morning he wants to spend a good 30 minutes on the floor reading and playing with his basket of books. His favorites are any Touch and Feel books, "Peek a Who", "Oh my oh my oh dinosaur", and "Are you my mother?". I love reading to him, and usually I get 10 minutes of snuggle/reading time just with Cam, and then Izzy will wake up, and come in a climb up on my lap as well and we will all snuggle and read, and it's the best way to start my day!




Cam has always been a happy guy, and as he grows, he just gets more and more fun and delightful. He's always smiling and waving his arms around and waving at everyone and laughing and just making my life better. Cam also has perfected the open mouth kiss, and it's one of my favorite milestones. He is extra kissy right when he wakes up, or right before bed, and he will snuggle on my shoulder, and then get up and give a kiss, then lay down and snuggle, then get up and give a kiss. He will do this over and over and over and my heart explodes every time.


Since Cam has been walking, his dance skills have taken off. He loves to bounce around and wave his arms and swings them back and forth, and it happens without fail any time he hears any song with a good beat. I love having dance parties with him and Izzy!

It's crazy that he is One and i'm just in awe of the sweet little boy that he has become!

No comments:

Post a Comment