Saturday, August 27, 2016

Paris 2016 Part 2

If you wanna catch up on the first two parts of our trip, go here and here.

Our week in paris continued, and heated up, quite literally. It got really hot and it made it really hard to want to get out and about too much, luckily, we had lots of time so it wasn't too hard to fit in everything we wanted to do and still stay out of the heat.

Day 8

We were literally dead tired after Disney. We allowed ourselves a sleep in/lazy day. We slept/rested til around 1pm! I can't remember the last time that happened. We headed out and picked up some lunch and ate in the park and then just walked around. Since it was Saturday, the park was so full of activity and Alex caught some Pokemon. I started to feel sick/nauseaous so we ended up just going back up to the room. We watched a movie/slept some more, and really just gave ourselves a break. It was nice since we were in such a nice hotel. The bed was comfy, and the wifi was fast. What else do ya need? :) We headed out again for dinner and to see the Opera House. I finally got myself some French onion soup and Alex tried Foie Gras.

Some may consider today a "wasted day", but it was nice to just relax and unwind after all the craziness.

Day 9

We woke up feeling refreshed and ready to have another busy day. We had to check out of our hotel, and then we grabbed breakfast and went to Notre Dame for 11:30 mass. It was such an interesting experience, and we loved hearing the beautiful choir they had invited from Canada. It was gorgeous.

We headed back to the Latin quarter and got another rose gelato! So so so good. We wandered the streets and slowly made our way to the Louvre.

We had downloaded a Rick Steves Audio guide of the Louvre, and I'm so glad we had that otherwise I would have felt very lost.

We enjoyed the sculptures the best and I always feel so in awe of the talent possessed to make something so amazing.

We checked into our new hotel and then headed out for dinner. We found some steak and frites and more French onion soup.

We did a little window shopping and then headed back to our hotel for a cold shower since it had been so so so hot.

Day 10

Today we made the hike up to Sacre Cœur. So. Many. Stairs. But it's a beautiful area and it makes for a gorgeous view.

We grabbed some delicious pizza on the way back to the hotel, and then hid from the hot hot sun for a few hours. I needed a break from the heat and all the walking.

A little while later we wandered all the way up the Champs-Élysees, to the Arc de Triomphe. Then continued to the Eiffel Tower. It was about a 3 mile walk!

We waited in line for our tower tickets for about 45 minutes, but it was perfect timing. We got to the top just as the sun was setting. It was gorgeous. And we got to see the city in the sun light, and all lit up at night.

Day 11

Last full day in Paris. We had to switch hotels again just for one night, but our next hotel was just down the street, so it was a really easy change. We got all of our stuff situated then headed out for lunch. We found a cool pasta place and got it to go. We enjoyed it back in the hotel because, shocker, it was beastly hot. After lunch we did some shopping again, and got some souvenirs, and some delicious pastries, and headed back to the park to people watch, enjoy a soda and let Alex catch some more pokemon.

The last few days in Paris were super low key, but honestly, it was just what we needed to recharge. Sometimes it's fun to go go go and have your days jam packed full of activities, but when you are both typically busy with work and being a mom, it's nice to just have a few days to relax and unwind together. I feel like Alex and I were able to get exactly the break we were looking for, and while some people may look at our simple days and think how much time we wasted, we wouldn't have changed it for anything.

Day 12

Travel day. Not much to report except that in First Class on American Airlines, they give you pajamas.... haha We ate super tasty food, and SO much of it. They literally never stop feeding you on those flights, and it's wonderful and terrible at the same time.

These flights were so fun, and it was great to eat and watch tons of movies, but it was killer to have to wait so long to see Iz. I was so ready to see her, and the time changes and the layovers about did me in.

She had so much fun with her grandparents and I don't know what we would have done without them. I would have been a nervous wreck otherwise, and I survived off of their letters and texts and facetiming!

All in all, this trip was amazing. The hotels were incredible, the food delicious, and the company was the best I could have hoped for. I'm very grateful for a wonderful and hard working husband who made this whole trip possible. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment