Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Izzy Turns Two


This post is way passed due, but I wanted to bust it out, so I could get started on our European trip!
I decided kind of last minute to have a party for Iz. We invited some of her little friends and reserved a ramada at the park. Izzy had recently become obsessed with all things Finding Nemo/Dory, so we did a little Nemo invite, and themed everything accordingly. I think everything turned out so cute, and even though I don't go too crazy with themes or anything (i think it's so silly to spend lots of money on party stuff that is just gonna get thrown away..).

















After the park our family came back to the house and we had cake and ice cream and Iz opened her presents. My mom helped me with the Dory cake, and again I was thrilled with how it came out. I'm usually the worst when it comes to all things baking, so I felt pretty pleased with myself when we finished that cake.







Izzy was of course spoiled by all her grandparents and aunts and uncles. She loved playing with Ander and getting so much attention from all her guests. It was the perfect, low key party for the more perfect little two year old.





We had her party on thursday, and her actual birthday was on saturday, and so we just spent the whole day with her, doing all the things she loves best. We woke her up with balloons and singing Happy Birthday, which she loved. Then she helped me make pancakes with sprinkles in them, and we sang Happy birthday a few more times and let her blow out her candle a bunch of times.



My best friend Katie was also getting married today! So after breakfast, I was able to go to her sealing, which was so beautiful. She was the most exquisite bride and I am so happy I was able to be there on her special day! After the sealing, we got ready to go and meet up with Grandma and Papa at Joes Farm Grill to get some lunch, and open even more gifts. We then took her to San Tan village and let her run around in the splash pad, and pick out a toy (or two) from the Disney store. We would have spent more times window shopping and just hanging out, but it was a record breaking 120 degrees that day, so it was a much better idea to get home and stay inside.



 We went home for a nap, and to just relax and play with toys. It was nice to relax and get out of the heat for a while. We braved the heat again and went to Katie's reception and ate some yummy cake and fun sodas. We ending the night doing one of Izzy's favorite things - swimming. Mark and Hope and Andy came to my parents house and we enjoyed the last few hours of our little loves birthday




She's an incredible little human and we are all so blessed to have her in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment