Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Life after workouts

SO working out is great. I always feel so awesome afterwards. But man, give it about 10 hours, and suddenly, seemingly simple actions become increasingly difficult. I have made a list of just a few things that I have had major issues doing since finishing 3 Insanity Workouts.

-Driving Manual. I have an adorable, orange Chevey Aveo. I love it so much, and one of the things that I love most about it is that it is stick shift. But Holy Canoli, have you tried to shift after Shaun T has ripped your quads to shreds? Well let me tell you, it isn't that enjoyable.

-Doing My Hair. I've done more push ups in the last 3 days than in the last 3 years and my arms are feeling it. Lifting my arms to brush and style my hair is a painful process I didn't foresee when I started my workout plan.

-Climbing The Stairs. My poor husband. I didn't think he knew he would become my official runner once my workouts started. But honestly, I can only handle going up and down the stairs once a day. So a big thank you to my sweet husband for always running up and down for me!

-Laughing. Oh my abs. Sore tummy muscles make many many things hard, but laughing is such a funny one. I'll be laughing, then it will just kinda turn into a whimper because it hurts, but then I feel pathetic so I start laughing more. Haha, it's so hilarious.

-More Workouts. I seriously have the hardest time getting myself to work out while i'm already so sore, but I just push through it, and then the next day I am even MORE sore! HA! But I figure that in a few weeks i will start to become accustom to the pain, and I will be getting stronger and stronger!

I already find myself craving the workouts. I love the sense of accomplishment I feel when I am finished with a work out and I am lying on the floor feeling like i might die. it's super awesome. I am changing myself. Me and me alone. I can't rely on someone else to do the work for me. If i want to see changes, I have to do the work. I am becoming more confident and more aware of myself and I can't wait to see where everything goes from here.

Here's to many more workouts and even more sore muscles!

5 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! And so true! What version of Insanity are you doing? I looked it up and there are like a hundred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm just doing the original insanity workout with Shaun T. I actually didn't know there was more than one. But whatever version it is, it is kicking my butt.

      Delete
    2. Did you get it on Amazon or something? How much did you pay for it?

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I totally feel you girl. But it's the good kind of sore, huh? It's like you can literally FEEL yourself getting better. But seriously, ow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when the wii very first came out, my mother in law got it for Christmas, so me, my hubs and his siblings played it the next day for 5 hours straight (that's kind of embarrassing to admit). When I showered that night I couldn't even lift my arms to wash my hair (which is even more embarrassing to admit) ha ha! But working out is the BEST when you start to feel yourself getting stronger!
    I'm dying to try Insanity!

    ReplyDelete