Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Wedding

Guys, i'm sorry about the delay in the story. I was out living life, and things got hectic. But I won't leave you hanging, i'll finish the love story. :)

After our engagement, things got crazy. We had to chose a wedding day, wedding colors, pick a wedding dress, and get it all done within a budget. It was stressful, but at the same time, i was super laid back about the whole thing. I didn't really care too much about huge details, because in my opinion, the only part of the wedding that really mattered was the groom. and i had him, and i knew he was the right one. So it didn't matter to me what flavor cake we had, or what flowers were added to the bouquet. I was just so excited to me marrying Alex.

I loved all the parties that were thrown in our honor. Bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and open houses galore! We even went up to utah and had parties up there! It was a blast. I felt so loved and supported throughout the whole process. Its such a blessing to come from a family who cares so much about each other.

I have never really been a fan of receptions, and I knew that when i got married, i just wanted to have a small intimate dinner on the day of the actual wedding. But i didn't want anyone to feel excluded from the festivities, so we had an open house. We did it the wednesday before the wedding, and it was just perfect. I wore my dress, and we had a receiving line, and it was life a mini reception, but just a lot more low key.

My reasoning for not wanting a reception is simple. I believe that the day of your sealing in the temple, that should be your main focus. and that should be what you are looking forward to. I didn't want to feel like, "oh yeah, the sealing was nice... but lets get to the real fun-the reception". So our actual wedding day was very relaxed and intimate.

our sealing was at 3:45, so we had all morning to sleep in (which i actually did... no pre wedding sleepless night for me!), and take our time getting ready. I had a hair appointment at 11, and then alex came and picked me up at 1 to go and take our bridals at the temple.

One of my favorite memories from that morning was as we were driving to the temple, i commented on how thirsty i was. and so we decided to stop at circle k and grab some Thirst busters! Everyone at the gas station was in awe that we were in our wedding garb, and we even got our drinks for free.

The sealing was intimate and perfect. I remember feeling so much love from my Heavenly Father, and I knew he was so proud of me and Alex and our decision to be married for time and all eternity in His holy temple.

After the sealing we took more photos with friends and family who were waiting for us outside, and then we headed to dinner at Tia Rosas.

Tia rosas was the most perfect setting for our little family dinner. They have a beautiful back garden, and twinkle lights everywhere, and it was just magical. Our friends had gone by earlier to set things up, and add a few personal touches to the garden, and i couldn't have been more pleased.

The food was delicious, and we ate, and drank and we were oh so merry :) After everyone had had their fill, we played a slideshow of some baby pictures of Alex and I, which is always cute, and always embarrassing... i should find some of those old pictures of alex... haha. and then we did the traditional things, like cutting the cake, having our first dance and tossing the bouquet.

It was so simple, and lovely, and the best part is that we were of on our honeymoon by 8:30 that evening.

I couldn't have asked for a better day, and i was so happy to be starting my new life with Alex.
And what better way to start your lives together than with a super extravagant trip!!

Check in later for our honeymoon recap ;)


















3 comments:

  1. I love your non-traditional take on a reception! Such a good idea!! I bet it was so sweet and so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your open house! Yummy food, pretty music (thanks Hope!), and very sweet and intimate! And oh my gosh, you are so beautiful. I love your wedding photos every time I see them! And so fun about the thirst busters! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts!! And I love that you stopped to get thirst busters! So hilarious!

    ReplyDelete