Tonight I experimented with a chicken dish that surprisingly turned out to be pretty incredible! I posted a picture of the finished product, and a dear friend suggested that I write down the recipe so she could have it. I couldn't ignore the request, so here is the recipe.
Pesto Grilled Chicken with Stewed Tomatoes.
2 chicken breasts
4 tsp. Pesto (either homemade or pre made)
1-2 Roma Tomatoes
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Red Pepper Flakes to tast (i like about 1/2 tsp)
1-2 tsp Olive Oil
1 glove garlic
1. salt and pepper both sides of your chicken breasts. rub 1 tsp pesto all over each chicken breast, and marinate in a baggie for 30 min.
2. Once the chicken is done marinating, put them on the grill. Grill both sides for about 4-5 minutes, or until the middle is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
3. while your chicken is one the grill, cut your tomates into 1/4 inch slices. salt and pepper the tomatoes.
4. heat olive oil in skillet. add red pepper flakes and garlic to the oil. once the oil is hot, add your tomatoes and the remaining 2 tsps of pesto.
5. heat the tomatoes for 5-7 minutes.
6. take chicken off the grill and top with the stewed tomatoes.
Serving suggestion: I served this over 2oz. of whole wheat spaghetti noodles and it was delicious. the pesto sauce from the tomatoes is a perfect light sauce. Could also be served over a salad!!!
This recipe is only 230 calories!! If served with the 2oz. of pasta it adds 180 calories. So basically it is super low in calories , and super high in tastiness!!!
ps. to make the green beans and zucchini, simply cut up your veggies and add them to a skillet with a little olive oil and garlic and sauté them for 6-8 minutes! so fast and so tasty!
I hope you give this recipe a try!