We had lots of fun this last month. We love to stay busy and get out of the house. I know that she is my daughter because she gets cranky on the days that we don't get out of the house. Just like me, she gets restless staying in all day, and is just so much happier when we are visiting family, or shopping or just going on a walk around the neighborhood. I try to have fun activities for us to do on specific days so that we have things to look forward to every week. We usually stay in on monday, doing laundry and recovering from the weekend. But we will get out of the house since we usually go grocery shopping on monday. It's good, but by the end of the day we are ready for some fun. So daddy usually has tuesdays off from work so we will go out for lunch, or go to the park or something fun like that. Isabel just LOVES her daddy (as do I) so it doesn't really matter what we do on tuesdays, we are just glad that we have daddy with us. Wednesdays we are so blessed to get to spend the day with Grandma Lorri (Alex's mom). She and I go to the gym together while Uncle Max babysits, which is such a blessing to have siblings who are able and willing to hang out with my cutie. Then we just hang out and maybe run errands or do crafts or just visit and play together. I'm seriously beyond lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with my MIL. I love her so much, and am grateful that she lets us visit so often! Thursdays are basically a repeat of wednesdays, except we are at Nona & Papa's house (My parents). We love being able to see both sets of grandparents so much. Izzy is so lucky! Fridays are another day we spend at home. We do chores and play together and get all dolled up because friday is DATE NIGHT. We usually take Izzy with us since daddy loves seeing her and he just loves taking out both of his favorite girls. :) It's so nice to have a scheduled week. I'm excited for when we can add in play dates with friends and music class at the library and maybe a dance class of something fun when she is a little bigger.
This month we had Thanksgiving and we were able to go down to Tucson with Alex's grandparents that live there. Side story: my mom broke her foot at the end of October, and they were supposed to be in Vegas for Thanksgiving with my Grandma and aunts and uncles. But after my mom had surgery on her foot to reset the bones, she developed a blood clot, and was unable to fly or drive in the car for extended periods of time for fear of the clot breaking off and going to her lungs/brain/heart. So here she is, a few days before Thanksgiving and now has zero plans. Well, my amazing Mom in Law, Lorri was kind enough to invite my whole family down to Tucson to join us at her parents house. It was the sweetest gesture and was so amazing to have both sides of the family together at Thanksgiving. I LOVE that both my parents and Alex's parents get along so well. They have even gone on triple dates together (the other couple being my other sister in law's family!) Haha, it's amazing. We had a great time visiting with everyone and eating tasty food and showing off Izzy to all the family that hadn't met her yet.
|Grandkid Christmas Exchnage|
|Daddy's Little Turkey|
|Amazed by her singing book|
|Four Generations, Both Sides of the Family|
We finally got a handle on her weight gain this month and I think it has something to do with the fact that she wants to eat everything she sees. She gets so upset if she sees someone eating something and they don't share with her. She will grab at the food that is in front of her, and tries to get it to her mouth, a skill we haven't quite mastered. She wants to hold your cup and tries to drink from the straw. She can usually suck up a little something, but it never gets into her mouth. She loves every food she has ever tried, with the one exception of avocados. We tried them for lunch one day and she was gagging and turning her head away from me and refused to eat. But we have tried them again since that first time and she seems to not mind them. Not a favorite, but she will eat them which is nice. She likes to eat from those little fruit and veggie squeezy pouches, and gobbles them up in a matter of minutes. We are still mixing oatmeal in with all her purees so that they are more substantial and have more calories. She is still nursing 2-3 times a day, has 3 6 oz bottles a day and eat solids 3-4 times a day. This girl LOVES to eat. And it was proven when we went to her 6 month appointment. She was finally back on the charts (still only 3rd % for weight, but hey, on the chart is better than not on it) she was weighing in at 13lbs and was 26 inches tall! YAY! It was seriously such a relief when she weighed in and had gained a good amount. So the dr. just told us to keep doing what we are doing and that all is well!
Some other fun things to remember about this month:
- Izzy has started to talk and babble more and more. She is always saying da da da, and she will even say Hey Dad (or at least that what it sounds like to us ;)
- She loves to talk to herself and then she makes herself laugh. It's hilarious. We will be driving in the car and she will just be babbling away, and then she will giggle to herself. Oh how I wish I could understand her jokes. I bet she is hilarious.
- She has started to sit up unassisted. She's still pretty wobbly, but she loves the new vantage point she has while sitting up. But she isn't a huge fan of falling flat on her face when she loses her balance.
- We have officially moved up to size 2 diapers! Technically we could still use size 1 since she isn't over the weight for that size, but we just figured it would be easier to switch now rather than get stuck with a pack of size 1 that we can't use until the next baby.
- She is now all in 3-6 month clothes! We have packed up everything newborn and 0-3 month! It was sad, but also for us it was a good milestone because it meant that she was growing! It has been fun to break out a whole new wardrobe of cute outfits. Why is dressing a little girl so much fun?
- She has this fake laugh and fake cough that are hilarious. She only does them when no one is paying attention and I think it's her way of saying, "Hey! excuse me... can someone please pay attention to me now!" it usually works... haha
- She is obsessed with her bouncer. We have been putting her in it for a while, but until recently she would just kinda stand there and look around. But now, oh man, she gets a leg work out! She bounces so hard and just has the biggest smile the whole time!
- She has now transitioned to sleeping on her tummy. I always put her down on her back, but when I come back in to check on her a few minutes later, she is asleep on her tummy. It's adorable, plus I think it helps her sleep better when she is like that.
- She is officially sleep trained. I can put her down in her crib while she is wide awake, but sleepy, and she doesn't even make a peep. She just goes right down. We did the CIO method and it was perfect for us, and I am so happy that she knows how to self soothe and that she has gained some independence. This has also transitioned over into her floor/play time. I don't have to be 5 inches from her side, she will just play happily alone while I get things done around the house. It's sad and wonderful to not feel needed 100% of the time, haha!
I have loved being your mommy these last 6 months. Thank you for being patient with me and loving me even when I fail. Thanks for always laughing at my jokes, and saving your most special smiles just for me. Thanks for being so well behaved and making it look like I know what the heck I am doing. You are incredible and so special to me. I love you more than words can tell!