We started out the month with Easter. It was so fun to get a little basket together for her, and to get her some Christ centered presents. I was able to find the I Am A Child Of God board book by Greg Olsen at Goodwill! I got in on half off Saturday for $1!! We also got a few other books, treats for church, bubbles, and a stuffed bunny. She loved shaking the Easter Eggs that had cheerios in them. I know she is still a little bit young to celebrate these holidays, but it's mostly fun for me! It was extra fun that Easter and General Conference fell on the same day, so we got to stay home and snuggle and listen to the wonderful words of the prophets. Then we went and spent some time with our families in Mesa. It was so great! I'm grateful for my Savior, my family, the gospel, and the opportunity to celebrate them all in the same day!
The weather was amazing this month, and so we spend lots of days going on walks, playing at the park, blowing bubbles, crawling in the grass, and eating rocks. I couldn't believe the weather, seriously, I kept telling Alex we needed to go out and enjoy it because it was probably the last nice day of the year before it gets too hot... and then it just kept being beautiful! We went on a hike and it was so fun, I did have a little trouble getting to the top, which was super frustrating because I have been exercising regularly and I was anticipating that I would have no problem at all, but it was still kinda tough. I have said that hiking is my weight loss goal. I want to get to a point where I LOVE to hike, and that I don't have to stop and catch my breath every 5 minutes. I'm not worried, I'll get there!! There were a few days that were warm, and we still took advantage and went to the lake, and went swimming at my parents house! Isabel loves being outside and exploring all around her, and so I'm happy that we were able to spend so much time outdoors!
Isabel has been growing up so much more and more everyday. She's is saying words!! She does "tricks" (raises both hands when we say Hallelujah, blows kisses, gives hugs, claps her hands when you sing "Patty Cake"...) She loves Peek-a-boo. She's obsessed with music. She has a toy xylophone, maracas, and a tambourine that she plays with every day! If she hears any kind of music she immediately starts waving her arms and bouncing up and down and shaking her bum. I think it's the cutest thing EVER! It's a complete surprise that she likes music... it's not like she comes from a musical family or anything ;)
- She was teething a lot this month, but she takes it like a champ. Seriously, if it weren't for the chapped cheeks and runny nose, I wouldn't even know she was cutting teeth. But she has 7 teeth now! 4 on top and 3 on bottom! Her toothy grin kills me, it's so cute.
- Since she has been getting new teeth, she has become OBSESSED with ice. She loves to grab it out of the cup and munch on it all day. And she knows if you have ice in your cup and will reach her whole hand into your cup and grab the ice before you even realize whats happening.
- She has officially said her first words! She says "Kitty", "toys" and "what is it". Obviously is isn't super clear speaking, but she only says those words when she sees a kitty, her toys or if she is pointing to something unfamiliar. And she's been consistently saying the same words for these things for a month now, so i'm totally counting it as her first words! haha
- Her walking confidence has just skyrocketed, and it's so fun to see her toddling everywhere.
- She loves giving hugs and kisses, and it's so sweet. She blows kisses to everyone, and is so loving.
- She loves pickles and strawberries and cheese more than anything!
- She loves being chased. haha, she thinks it's so funny when she starts crawling or walking away and then you start going after her saying "HEY! where are you going!? I'm gonna get you!!!" She laughs so hard and tried to get away as fast as she can! It's hilarious
Besides all of that, it's been a pretty mellow month. I've just been trying to soak up all of my little girl before she turns ONE!!! She is the sweetest little thing, and I'm just in awe everyday at how fun she is and how amazing. We seriously got so lucky with her. She's just incredible.