Guys, this year FLEW by! I can't even believe it.
I'm excited to do a Top 12.
This was an excellent year all around!
Here we go.
12. My Best Friends Wedding -- it was so amazing to be in the temple with my best friend Hope and her husband Mark. That whole day was simply magical, and i was so glad i could be a part of it. definitely a huge highlight, was seeing them dance to "I See The Light" from Tangled. I could see Mark beaming, and he was singing along to the words, and if you know mark, you know how amazing of a sight this was! Their dance was one of the most honest, most emotional and most memorable wedding dances i think i will ever see.
11. Our 1st anniversary -- There is something so special about celebrating ONE WHOLE YEAR of marriage. We were so happy that we made it a whole year without killing each other, and we couldn't believe how much more we could fall in love with each other. We spent an amazing weekend together, going to baseball games, eating tasty treats, and shopping til we dropped. I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate!
9. Annual Memorial Day Lake Roosevelt Trip -- Every year my family goes to the lake for 3 whole days, and every year, it is one of my favorite trips of the whole year. We relax on the boat, go tubing, play cards, picnic, have dance parties, nap, and make amazing memories.
8. 21st Birthday -- Birthdays have always been a really big deal in my family. I always look forward to my birthday week! forget counting calories and pass me that third piece of cake please. My family, friends and bosses spoiled me rotten this year!
7. LA Trip -- If you read my blog regularly, you will know that Alex and i both have an insane love for baseball! We love it so much, and we both made have the goal to see a MLB game in every baseball park in the Nation. So for our summer trip this year, we went and saw the Arizona Diamondbacks play the LA Dodgers. It was such a fun experience!! The whole trip to LA was a blast. We also did a session in the LA temple, which was absolutely amazing.
6. Buying our First HOME!!! -- This is by far my happiest moment from 2012! It was a long crazy road trying to find a house, and it took us almost a year, but man was it worth it. I feel so blessed to be in a home at such a young age. I love everything about our home! We closed on the house August 29th, and moved in on Sept 1. And none of this would have been possible without our amazing realtor, Paul Newcomb. Seriously, that man deserves an award. Love him!
5. Renovating our first home -- I loved being able to pick out my own carpet, paint colors, fridge, sink, furniture, and much more! It's a slow process, since we don't have the money to do it all at once, but every little addition makes me so happy!!
4. Thanksgiving in Utah -- It had been about 2 years since i had seen my cousins up in utah. so when the opportunity to go to Utah fro thanksgiving came up, i couldn't say yes fast enough. We stayed up in park city and just hung out with cousins and aunts and uncles, and it was all just so lovely. my only sadness was that it didn't snow.
3. Decorating our home for Christmas -- There was something so surreal about decorating my own home for the holidays. I had done it before, but only in the old apartment. It was different knowing that this was the very first of many Christmas Seasons we would be sharing in this house. It was so lovely.
2. Dying my Hair -- This one is kinda silly, but it really is something that I have loved about 2012. Back in october, i had a girls night with my in-laws, and on whim, i bought a box of dark hair dye. And since then, i have been brunette and loving it!!! I don't know when i will go back to being my natural blonde self, but for now i'm enjoying the dark side ;)
1. All the small thing My Heavenly Father blesses me with every day -- A good, stable, well paying job. A loving husband. Families who love us. Friends who will always be there for us. And the Gospel, for the truthfulness that it brings into my life.
Here's to an amazing New Year.